Thursday 9 April 2020

Be Brave. Speak Out.

Iqra 7T


What are the impacts of bullying? How can we work together to make sure that this doesn't affect our school community?


Bullying affects lots of different types of people. Bullying doesn’t just take place in schools but also online which can lead to young people feeling that there is no escape and even committing suicide. Bullying is defined as being repeated, unwanted and sometimes aggressive behaviour that is non-stop. Both the victim and the bully may have serious lasting problems as a result.


Bullying is linked to many negative outcomes including impacts on mental health. Those who are bullied can end up suffering from depression, anxiety and a lot of loneliness in their life. 


However, bullies sometimes have lots of difficulties too which are mostly not realised. Sometimes they could also be being bullied themselves and then end up taking it out on someone else. So many people can be impacted with harmful and threatening actions from bullies. 


You might be wondering why I am telling you this, have a think for yourself, see how you can help us to stop this happening.


Some of my own experiences:


It all started when I moved primary schools in year 5. It was a terrible and heart-breaking moment. It was dreadful having to leave all my classmates and friends but I thought that I could manage. Once I was at my new school I thought I was going to make friends easily. It was harder than I thought. 


Throughout the horrible days I got bullied and taunted for my voice because I was known as the ‘squeaker’ because everyone thought that I had a high-pitched voice. Just because of that I felt I had no value in the school. I tried telling the teachers but I never had the courage to stand up for myself. I was a very lonely person with no friends. They were happy and busy in their own lives. Now here I am in secondary school and there are times when people still make fun of me, but luckily I now have a lot more friends and they all stand up for me. 


Be Brave. Speak Out.


Something that I would say to you is that you should never give up on life no matter how many problems you face. There is always someone out there who cares about you and needs you in their life, even if you do not know it.


Remember that if you are ever worried, upset or concerned then do not hesitate to speak to the staff at school - from the pastoral team, form tutors, teaching assistants, safe-guarding lead team or any teacher you feel comfortable talking to. They are ready to help you in whatever way they can. Don’t suffer in silence.


Inspirational quotes:  



“Kindness in words creates confidence.

Kindness in thinking creates profoundness.

Kindness in living creates love.”


By Lao Tzu



“Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad.

Let God deal with the things they do because hate in your heart will consume you too.”


By Will Smith


1 comment:

  1. Well done! You really brighten my day and others!👍🏻

    ReplyDelete