Sunday 10 May 2020

Book Review: Star Switch

Najiha 7T


The famous judge from the well-known show Britain’s Got Talent has published her latest book, ‘Star Switch’ which was published in March 2020. As being one of the readers of this tremendous book, I’d like to share with you my amazing experience and why I definitely recommend this book to anyone.


I will not try to spoil the book, but I will give you a sort of hint on what the book is about. It is about two girls, Ruby and Naomi, with completely different lives and fed up with living as they currently are. However, one day all of that changes when the girls meet and accidentally switch bodies! Nothing remained the same.


Ruby lives as a normal girl, unnoticed, as she hides her secret talent of singing and dancing from everybody except her best friend, Beth. Ruby’s quite a big fan of the world famous Naomi Starr.  Naomi lives a life which seems to be a luxury, but she’s tired of the paparazzi following her wherever she goes. Everything she does is always noticed, and she just can’t handle the pressure at such a young age.


Will Ruby enjoy living as a pop star, with a life full of luxury? Will she be able to handle the fact that she has no privacy? Or will Naomi finally be able to see what she has been missing out on her whole life? Well that’s for you to find out!


The story sends a very powerful message. As quoted in the book ‘Sometimes, to learn about yourself, you need a different view. Step into someone else’s shoes, tread in their footsteps, see things through their eyes. See how you shine’. Personally, I found that it was like saying that we may see ourselves as people who don’t have much, but we may be living somebody else’s dream.


I enjoyed reading every single page - with no regrets. I’ve never been so interested in a book before and I felt lucky to be one of the people who had read the entire thing. The experience is just magical and I’m sure that anybody would enjoy this book just as much as I did.


Not to mention the hilarious moments in the book - but I don’t want to spoil the book for you already! Pick up a copy in our school library. It takes you into a whole new world - full of magical adventures and with loads of valuable life lessons!


No comments:

Post a Comment